Sable Park awarded 5 Star Green Star rating
This brings to 19 the number of Green Star rated buildings in Century City and eight the number of 5-Star Green Star rated buildings in the precinct.
The 16 300 square metre Sable Park office development comprises two four storey buildings, the larger of which has been let to Discovery. Being developed by the Rabie Property Group at a cost of R460million, each of the buildings will have two levels of underground parking.
Rabie Property Group’s deal maker, Jason Elley, says negotiations are well under way with a number of global players for the second building which is ideally suited for a large user looking to make a strong corporate statement.
“However, it has been designed to be flexible and if needs be, could be sub-divided to accommodate two or three users.”
Designed by the award-winning dhk Architects, the modern buildings will front on to Sable Road providing high visibility and offering uninterrupted panoramic views of Table Mountain and Table Bay.
Green consultant Mlondolozi Hempe of PJ Carew Consulting says the development’s sustainability features include the use of treated effluent from Potsdam Waste Water Works for the flushing of toilets, the running of a slim line water chilled HVAC system as well as irrigation.
In addition both buildings are made up of two sections linked via an atrium of more than 8m in width which is covered by a steel structure and opaque roof allowing in plenty of natural light.
Other sustainable features include:
- LED light fittings with occupancy and daylight sensors
- Carbon Dioxide monitoring and control sensors to make sure occupants always breathe clean air.
- Internal blinds on all windows for glare reduction and better visual comfort
- Half the parking is naturally ventilated reducing mechanical ventilation and thus saving energy
- Tenant exhaust riser to get rid of toxic fumes from printing rooms
- Parking spaces include clearly marked parking spaces specifically for use by alternative fuel vehicles as well as motorcycles.
Sable Park is also going after a 5 star Green Star rating in the As Built category.